Our Group Exercise Program is happy to provide a wide variety of classes and encourages you to work at your own pace! All classes are 55 minutes unless otherwise stated.
Mind & Body Classes
- BARRE FUSION: This workout is designed to increase your cardiovascular strength, restore posture, self confidence, and energy, while helping you to tone, sculpt, and lengthen your muscles from head to toe. You will “tap” into the metabolic system by working deep control muscles slowly assisting in building bone density. Classical ballet barre, Pilates, and deep-developmental movement (ddm) are used in every class. No dance background is required.
- BEGINNER TAI CHI: This art focuses on the movement of your muscles, breathing, and the consciousness of how your body weight is distributed with no impact. The benefits include relaxation, toned muscles, and improved blood circulation, balance, and flexibility.
- BEGINNER YOGA: This class is designed as an introduction to the practice of yoga. Class is slower paced than an all-levels class, and focused on developing clear and safe alignment in foundational poses. Come to learn, play, and maybe even break a sweat in a supportive environment. You don’t need to be able to touch your toes; you just have to be willing to try. Your yoga journey starts here.
- CORE DYNAMICS: This core focused class is a fusion of the strengthening movements used in Pilates, yoga and traditional muscle building. This class will focus on developing greater core strength, increased lower spine flexibility and stability, overall midline muscle control and improved balance. Yoga postures and breath work will be the source of rest and relaxation following more intense strengthening sequences. All levels are welcome.
- GENTLE & RESTORE YOGA: This class is appropriate for all students seeking the benefits of a very relaxing, gentle, and nourishing practice. The combination of gentle hatha and deep restorative work improves range of motion and joint mobility while reducing pain and the effects of stress. Students with injuries, arthritis, or other chronic conditions are welcome in these classes. Practitioners with limitations related to age or size as well as students with a more vigorous yoga practice will benefit from this practice. No prior yoga experience required. All levels are welcome.
- INTERMEDIATE TAI CHI: This is the perfect class for those who have learned the Sun Style and are looking to deepen their understanding, develop better technique, and experience greater relaxation and awareness of breath. This class style focuses on the Yang 24 form International style. All levels are welcome.
- MEDITATION: The goal of this class is to help both the mind and body shed any residual stress of the day and connect to senses and soul. Promoting steady sleep and a grounded start to the following day, this class is appropriate for all levels of practice.
- PILATES: This core “powerhouse” focused class features a series of exercise performed equipment-free, with the moves adapted to work with just your body and a floor mat for cushioning and support. Pilates is a way to stretch and strengthen your body, primarily the muscles of the core, which span from your hips to your shoulders. Mat Pilates borrows from disciplines such as dance, yoga and classic calisthenics.
- RESTORE & STRETCH: This deep stretch class will improve joint flexibility, balance, and free stagnation in the muscle tissue, lubricate the joints and foster a quiet, meditative state. The class infuses yoga inspired stretches with some intuitive movement. You will be asked to listen and feel what your body is requesting, and to adapt the stretches accordingly. All levels are welcome.
- RISE, SHINE, & STRETCH YOGA: In the yogic discipline, the morning is considered as a “divine time” and when an individual’s spiritual energy is at its peak. Clarity, creativity, and peace of mind and body are benefits of a sunrise yoga practice because of fewer distractions prior to starting your day. To achieve optimum personal results, it is recommended to practice yoga in the morning. Rise, Shine, and Stretch yoga brings your body more energy and nourishes you with a positive attitude to fully prepare for the challenges of the day ahead. All levels are welcome.
- SIMPLY STRETCH EXPRESS: This 30 minutes express class allows you to enter a tranquil setting and experience gentle stretching and focused relaxation to beautiful music. The goal is to loosen and limber stiff joints, stimulate circulation, align and improve posture, and develop greater balance and coordination. Leave feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and re-focused.
- TAI CHI – MIXED FORMS: This class is an intermediate yang style Tai Chi class focused on mixed forms, to include Straight Sword & Fan. The class is directed toward those looking to build upon their basic knowledge of Yang Form Tai Chi. All levels are welcome.
- YOGA: This class is inclusive of breath awareness, traditional and restorative postures, along with guided mind body connection exercises. All are combined in each session to help students release tension, enhance range of motion, and improve flexibility. Yoga is not about perfection; it’s about learning patience and self-care. Come share the experience of yoga as a path to natural self-healing and centering. Modifications and adjustments are offered so that beginning to intermediate students can feel appropriately supported and/or challenged. All levels are welcome.
- YIN YOGA: This special practice of yin yoga is one in which poses are held for about three to five minutes at a time in order to the stretch the connective tissue around the joints and bring the practitioner to a state of mental calmness.. These are areas of the body often not reached with a typical yang style of yoga practice or fitness regime. Yin classes focus on the cultivation of longer, deep holds that are static in nature (the pose and gravity create most of the stretch). This opens, strengthens and builds the soft tissue and bone. It is also meditative in nature. The meridians (chi, prana) also receive focus as part of this practice. Focused Yin postures will assist in balancing these energy centers effectively. Small portions of Yang postures are used for warming up the body from time to time. All levels are welcome
- VINYASA YOGA: This style of yoga is derived from hatha yoga; vinyasa yoga differs in some important ways from its predecessor. Vinyasa is faster paced, and the assanas (postures) are linked together in a series of movements that are synchronized with the breath. Much emphasis is placed on the breath and the transition in and out of the assanas. The continual movements, from one pose to another, gives you an added cardiovascular benefit, which more traditional forms of yoga do not have. The routine practice of vinyasa yoga can increase muscle strength, endurance and flexibility, and reduce levels of stress. Intermediate to Advanced levels are welcome.
- YOGA FOR ATHLETES: This all-levels yoga class takes you through a series of highly effective strengthening and stretching exercises that are key to the demands of every athlete, no matter what sport you are involved in. Most athletes struggle with the same three areas: hips, hamstrings and lower back. This practice will help alleviate your tight muscles and broaden your range of flexibility. This class may be what you’re missing in your training regime! All levels welcome. This class is 75 minutes in length.
- YOGA FOR DEEP RELEASE: This practice focuses on the release of tension along the spine, in the hips, and in the major muscle groups. The practice is confined to the mat-postures are seated, kneeling and reclining with attention to slow and deep breathing, while maintaining poses through several breaths; this is where the release happens. This late morning practice is an excellent addition to the early morning activities of our PEAC athletes; it is an appropriately slow practice for those not wanting to do vinyasa; and finally, it is a practice suited for all levels of practitioner looking for deep release.
- YOGA FOR EVERYBODY: YOGA is for every BODY! This class is a blend of deep stretches and simple yoga postures taught at slow pace along with the guidance that will assist in developing a more advanced practice. Included in this practice will be hip opening and some lower back releases. All levels are welcome.
- YOGA FOR MEN: This class was designed with our male students in mind. This class will provide a well-rounded yoga practice to build strength, improve flexibility, and reduce stress. Men often struggle with tightness–particularly in the hips, hamstrings, and shoulders–that can lead to injury or weakness. We’ll practice postures to target these tight areas so that you can move with greater strength and ease. Whether you’re an experienced yogi or a desk jockey who needs to build more exercise into your week, you’ll enjoy the benefits of practicing yoga with “the guys.”