Our Group Exercise Program is happy to provide a wide variety of classes and encourages you to work at your own pace! All classes are 55 minutes unless otherwise stated.
Mind & Body Classes
- BARRE FUSION: This class is designed to restore posture, total body strength, self confidence and energy. You will “tap” into the metabolic system by working deep control muscles slowly. Classical ballet barre, pilates, and deep-developmental movement (ddm) are used in every class. No dance background is required, but each person should come with an open mind, ready to have fun and learn about the three “strength systems”- Power, Grace, and Muscular endurance. You will be using the barre in each class.
- PILATES: This class will give you an introduction to the basic principles of the Pilates Method. The exercises are performed at a slower pace so you can focus on proper alignment and understand the mind body connection. Strengthen, Lengthen and Tone your Body.
- BEGINNER TAI CHI (45 minutes): This art focuses on the movement of your muscles, breathing, and the consciousness of how your body weight is distributed with no impact. The benefits include relaxation, toned muscles, and improved blood circulation, balance, and flexibility.
- BEGINNER YOGA “Welcome to Yoga.” This class is designed to familiarize beginners with basic yoga postures and breathing techniques. Your yoga journey begins here
- CHAIR YOGA- This 30 or 45 minute class uses the assistance of a chair to help explore all the benefits of Yoga.
- CORE DYNAMICS: A fusion of the core strengthening movements used in Pilates, yoga and traditional muscle building. This class will focus on developing greater core strength, increased lower spine flexibility and stability, overall midline muscle control and improved balance. Yoga postures and breath work will be the source of rest and relaxation following more intense strengthening sequences.
- CORE & MORE EXPRESS: This 30 minute express class works on strengthening the core and improving balance.
- GENTLE PILATES (30 minutes): Introduces the fundamentals of the mat Pilates class and incorporates exercises that improve posture, spinal flexibility and core strength.
- GENTLE & RESTORE YOGA: A great practice for those starting out with yoga, or those who have some health issues.
- INTERMEDIATE TAI CHI: For those who have learned the Sun Style and are looking to deepen their understanding, develop better technique, greater relaxation and awareness of breath. We will learn the Yang 24 form International style.
- JOINT MOBILITY (30 minutes): This class will help increase flexibility, mobility, and reduce stress on joints
- MEDITATION: This meditation class will explore different methods to offer everyone a starting point to build a practice that resonates with each individual. Explore various techniques including: concentration through focused attenetion and mindfulness through opening monitoring. All levels are welcome!
- PIYO: Use your bodyweight to perform a series of continued targeted moves. No weights, No jumps. Just hardcore results all packed into a great flexibility and strength workout. For men and women of all levels.(This class is also offered as a 30 minute express class).
- RESTORE & STRETCH: This therapeutic class emphasizes balance, flexibility and relaxation to help improve mobility and function. Must be able to do the work on the floor.
- SIMPLY STRETCH: Join Therese for this 30 minute basic stretching class. You have worked your muscles, and now it’s time to relax. The benefits of the foam rolling will be introduced. Stretching is an important part of “Good Health,” All levels are welcome!
- SUNRISE YOGA: Relax, unwind, and take your mind to another level. This early AM yoga class focuses on yoga postures, flexibility, breathing, and body alignment. Celebrate A New Dawn!
- TAI CHI – MIXED FORMS: This class is an intermediate Yang Style Tai Chi class focused on mixed forms, to include Straight Sword & Fan. The class is directed toward those looking to build upon their basic knowledge of Yang Form Tai Chi.
- YOGA: A multi-level practice. All levels are welcome!
- YIN YOGA: Involves a series of long-held, passive floor poses designed to strengthen joints, ligaments and connective tissue. A necessary complement to all exercise activities that stress the muscles. Suitable for all levels.
- VINYASA YOGA: A combination of classical hatha yoga and lyenger traditions with focus on breath and movement in flowing asana sequences (vinyasas).
- YOGA FOR ATHLETES: Most athletes struggle with the same three areas: hips, hamstrings and lower back. This practice will help alleviate your tight muscles and broaden your range of flexibility. All levels welcome.
- YOGA FOR DEEP RELEASE: This class focuses on the release of tension along the spine, in the hips and in the major muscle groups. This late morning class is an excellent addition to the early morning activities of our PEAC athletes; it is an appropriately slow practice for those not wanting to do Vinyasa. This class is suited for all levels looking for deep release.
- YOGA FOR EVERYBODY: This class is a blend of deep stretches and simple yoga postures taught at slow pace. Included in this practice will be hip opening and some lower back releases. For all levels.
- YOGA FOR MEN: This 30 minute class is the “THE GUYS” and will help alleviate tight muscles and broaden your range of flexibility.
- YOGA FOR BACK CARE: This practice focuses on various poses to enhance back health.